RECENT EVENTS: Lascaux
A small group of members met on 9th March for lunch at Montignac and then enjoyed a guided tour (in excellent English) of Lascaux 4, the new exhibition that displays 95 per cent of the paintings of the original Lascaux cave discovered in the 1940s.
The committee is pursuing the following events for 2018. Members are welcome to make further suggestions.
- April 19th (Thursday): informal lunch at the Bastide Saint-Louis, Prayssas (47) at 12:30. If you would like to attend please email our secretary (email@example.com) no later than Friday 13th April. No menu choice is required but it would be helpful to have numbers in advance.
- May 19th (Saturday): Bordeaux:
- morning: Cité du Vin from 10:30
- lunch at Cité du Vin from 12:00
- afternoon: visit to the submarine base from 14:30
- please note the change of date: details of this visit will be posted shortly.
- June 9th (Saturday): visit to Geoff Douglas’s house, Rieux-Volvestre, in Haute-Garonne (31), coffee at 10:30, walk, visit to local places of interest, picnic.
- June (date t.b.a): visit to Saint-Emilion (33)
- August 9th (Thursday): visit to a Sainte-Mère Festival rehearsal (32) preceded by lunch locally (47 or 32): see Join us at Sainte-Mère.
- (date t.b.a) lunch with speaker of general interest
- September 7th (Friday) : AGM lunch
Details will be sent to all members as each event firms up.